Every third month, we switch up the format of our meetups and hold a Talks event, introducing the community to a new field of illustration.
Running since June 2015, we’ve already covered a whole range of topics, from murals and large scale illustration, animation and illustration’s involvement in video game design, to a panel discussion on the pros and cons of agency representation.
Located in the heart of Shoreditch, we hold our Talks in the offices of digital agency ustwo (who very kindly allow us to use their space and equipment for free), giving us space to hold dozens of people who interested in these lesser known areas of the illustration field.
We’re also generously sponsored by FreeAgent, the online accounting software for freelancers and small businesses. This allows us to keep the event free for all attendees, as well as providing free pizza and drinks to kick off the night – one less thing to worry about when you’re coming straight from work!
Our tickets always sell out quickly, so make sure you sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know about new releases: Yo Illo Talks mailing list
- Going Viral – with Jenni Sparks and Stanley Chow
- Crafts in Illustration – with Helen Friel and Stewart Easton
- Reportage: Journalism through Illustration – with Karrie Fransman and Olivier Kugler
- Illustration in Games – with David Fernández Huerta and Angus Dick
- Agents: Pros and Cons (a panel discussion) – with Rod Hunt, Sam Summerskill, Emma Block and Felicity Trew
- Merchandising vs. Licensing – with B Goods (Ben “Ben the Illustrator” O’Brien and Fi O’Brien), and Sarah Lawrence (This is Iris) and Ygraine Cadlock (Simon & Schuster)
- Illustration in Motion (Illustrating for Animation) – with Malika Favre and Maki Yoshikura, and Claire Cheung
- Thinking Big: Murals and Large-Scale Illustration – with Vic Lee and Kerry Lemon